I feel terrible that I haven't posted any Easter crafts, so today I somehow managed to whip up a few cupcakes to share with you. Besides, I really felt like a good chocolate cupcake. I'm paying for it now though. Oh heck. I just couldn't resist the temptation of baking though.
Yesterday I though I'd try a cupcake from a cupcakery, thinking it would be amazing. I bought a chocolate one and I was very disappointed by how disgusting it tasted. The icing didn't even taste like chocolate, and it was too sugary sweet. I'm now much more confident about my own cupcakes, and for once I'm going to toot my own horn- mine taste better.
If you're going to bake a chocolate cupcake, you have to do it right. This. This is how you do a chocolate cupcake:
Let me show you how it's done.
Ingredients you'll need for the cake:
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
185g softened butter
1/2 cup milk
Ingredients you'll need for the milk chocolate ganache:
1/2 cup cream
200g milk eating chocolate
Treat sized flake bars
36 mini chocolate eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Line 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Sift dry ingredients into medium large bowl, add remaining ingredients; beat with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture is smooth and has changed to a paler colour.
3. Drop 1/4 cup of mixture into cases. Bake about 20minutes. Stand cakes 5 minutes before turning top side up onto wire rack to cool.
I'd prefer them to taste a little more moister than they did, my blooming oven cooks them too fast no matter how much lower I adjust the temperature. Still experimenting on that one, but other than that they turned out pretty darn good!
4. Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. When bubbles subside, add chocolate; stir until smooth.
5. Use electric beaters to get desired whipped texture.
6. Ice cupcakes with ganache using a spatula. Create nests on top using treat sized flake bars.
7. Top with easter eggs.
8. Enjoy a wicked chocolate cupcake- Easter style!
Psst, hey you! Yeah, you. For more creativity, fun, positive quotes, humour and blog updates, make sure you join the facebook page.