I've made this wicked chocolate mousse a fair few times over the years. The bowl never stays full for very long. I love that it is quick, simple and hassle free to make. If I go to a dinner party and am too tired to go to too much effort, I'll reach for this recipe.
Now it's your turn to impress with some good ole' chocolatey goodness.
Ingredients you will need:
200g dark chocolate
1 tablespoon sugar
3 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
grated chocolate or cadbury flake bars for decoration
1. Break up chocolate and melt over hot water
2. Heat cream in saucepan, do not boil
3. Rapidly whisk in cream, egg yolks, chocolate and vanilla until mixture is smooth
4. Beat egg whites and fold into chocolate mixture
5. Pour into serving dishes or large bowl and chill in refrigerator overnight.
6. Decorate with grated chocolate or cadbury flake bars and serve.
Note: to get the same quantity as I did, you will need to double the ingredients. Doubling the ingredients will serve more than 6. After refrigeration, I covered my mousse in cadbury chocolate flake bars.
PS. For more creativity, fun, positive quotes, humour and blog updates, make sure you join the facebook page.